UK Dependent / Spouse Visa Process Overview

UK has very liberal immigration policies for bringing together spouses, children and families to ensure they can live together happily in UK. This is the reason UK has launched ‘Dependent Visa’ so that dependents can live together in UK.

UK offers dependent visa to the dependent of UK citizens and UK PR holders who are living or working or studying in UK.

UK also gives full time work right to dependents so that they can also work in UK to financially support their partners.

Dependents are allowed to work with any employer of any industries except banned industries.Dependents get visa duration which is similar to their partners who is already living in UK.

We have broadly explained everything below about UK Dependent Visa so that you can enrich your knowledge and make a wise decision for your future. In case you are still confused and need right advice then contact us immediately via mobile number mentioned on our website.

Which students can bring their dependents in UK?

You can have dependants with you in the UK if:

You are in receipt of an award from a Government and your course is full-time and at least six months; OR

You are doing a postgraduate level full-time course of 9 months or longer at a ‘higher education provider’ with a ‘track record of compliance’

Who is a dependant?

Your partner and your child can be your Student dependant. Bear in mind Your parent, brother, sister or other relative cannot be your dependent. In other words, they can not apply under dependent visa category.

You must have below required documents from main applicant living in UK

  • Documents to be sent by student to person applying for visa
  • Copy of the personal details page of your passport
  • Copy of your current visa – either passport page or Biometric Residence Permit
  • Formal invitation letter from you addressed to British Embassy/Consulate/High Commission
  • Proof of accommodation (lease or contract
  • Proof of adequate childcare (if bringing children)
  • Financial evidence – proof of funding to support dependants during their stay in the UK. You need to show that you have £680 per month for each dependant up to a maximum of 9 months.

You must have below required documents from Spouse living in India

  • Documents to be submitted by person applying
  • Visa fee
  • Passport
  • A recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), colour photograph
  • Marriage Certificate (for spouses)
  • Birth Certificate (for children)
  • English language certificate
  • Financial evidence (if you have or your partner has additional funds in your home country)

We have explained below step by step process how to process your UK dependent visa application.

  • Your dependants must apply for ‘entry clearance’ at British authorities in India the country in which they are legally residing before they travel to the UK.
  • Each dependant must complete a separate application form, and pay a fee which is the equivalent of £348 in local currency.
  • They need to apply online
  • They will need to know your course details and Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies’ (CAS) number in order to complete the application form.
  • Before starting the application, your dependant should read information for family members on the Home Office website, and especially the Student and Child guidance
  • If your dependant’s application is successful, a vignette (sticker) will be placed in their passport. If they are being given immigration permission for more than six months, the vignette will only be valid for 30 days. They will have to enter the UK within that 30-day period, and then collect a biometric residence permit from a post office within 10 days of arriving in the UK. The letter that they receive with the vignette tells them how to do this. If your dependant applied for their entry clearance at the same time as you, then in some cases they might be allowed to collect their biometric residence permit from your university or college instead of from a post office (ask your university or college if this is possible).
  • If your dependant is being given immigration permission for six months or less, the vignette (sticker) in their passport will last for the whole period. It will not expire after 30 days.

Dependent can work Full time Job

Your dependants will be able to work if you are either:

  • in receipt of an award from a Government and taking a full-time course that is at least six months OR
  • taking a full-time postgraduate course of 9 months or longer at a ‘higher education provider’ with ‘a track record of compliance’

Bank Statements Proofs

Your financial evidence must show that the money has been in the account for a minimum period of 28 days, and that 28-day period must not have ended more than 31 days before your dependants apply. The date of the closing balance on your bank statement will be counted as the 28th day of the 28-day period.

Q,  How much Immigration Health Surcharge dependent must pay:

Your dependants will be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). The process for doing this is integrated into the online visa application form. You will have to make this payment before you can complete the online visa application.

The cost for students is £150 per year of study plus £75 for any additional period which is less than 6 months (including the extra 4 months granted after the course end date).

For Dependants applying at the same time as the student the charge will be the same. For Dependants applying later, the amount will be calculated from when the dependant applies for the visa to the visa expiry date of the student.

Q,  How we can help you to land you UK dependent visa to make your life hassle free

We are the best professional consultant to process your UK Dependent Visa so that you can join your partner in UK.  We can also assist you for your admission in best UK’s Universities and also assist you to get UK study visa or student visa.

We can also process your work visa through UK Point Based System so that you can come to UK and start working in your field of interest.

Our services include:

  • We will advise you for the proper immigration plan
  • Right guidance for collecting and completing visa documents mentioned on the checklist
  • Complete support while processing  your visa application
  • All types of required Forms, documentation and application filing assistance
  • We will maintain regular follow up on your application and will continue to share latest updates with you

In short we have all the solutions for you for UK so immediately contact us via call or Whatsapp so that we will better advise you for your easy immigration to UK.